NAFC provides a mature capability to support the fire and emergency sector through the provision of specialised services as well as generating a range of other benefits.
NAFC’s Strategic Framework identifies directions over the next five years for NAFC to support the fire and emergency sector in providing the best possible service to their communities. In order to achieve this, NAFC undertakes a number of projects to:
- Match capability requirements to service providers
- Develop and maintain national support systems
- Support aviation specific research and development
- Support the development of aviation related national doctrine
- Support AFAC and NAFC Strategic Committee Collaboration Groups
These projects progress NAFC’s purpose to deliver aerial support to its members through national collaboration and cooperation, delivering a safe, effective and efficient aerial capability, and supporting and enhancing fire and emergency management in Australia.
The current projects are: